Creation and Animation Creation and Animation

Love love LOVED the ending piano piece! Thought the percussion volume was a bit loud and robbed some of the chill ambiance the other instruments provided. Also, were you thinking of adding some vocals to the finished product? Keep up the good work :)

DaAtheno responds:

Glad you liked it. Next time I guess Ill tone the drums down if Im doing something like this. It was my first time recording this stuff, so I was really just experimenting. Anyways I had no plans for vocals, but maybe I will try that to.

Phase One (Original Mix) Phase One (Original Mix)

The intro is phenomenal, really loved the sounds you added as it went along. The drops were well done, and the main sections had my head banging. Phase One is literally only a few effects, volume rises/falls, and an awesome angelic choir pad from becoming Phase...a zillion IMO. Great work :)

Hollow Hollow

Very ambient piece you got here. It's so well mixed, it doesn't even feel repetitive. Love the soundfonts you used here. For a crappy week, you made something pretty damn good. Would love to hear this expanded upon though, maybe a flute section or something. Please, continue to explore this...dark side of yourself ;)

Oh, and tell Dutton I said, "What's up." :P

DuttonsaysHi responds:

Why thank you! Yes, I'd like to be able to make more stuff with this vibe but it would have to come straight from a bad mood.. So I guess I can try again when another crappy week arrives :P

Oh, and DuttonsaysHi.

Superb Timing Superb Timing

I hear ya dood. Mastering's the bane of my current musical existence. The buildups could probably use some lowpass filtering too, just to vary the song and add more suspense to the climax. You have a fun and upbeat tune here, keep up the awesome work :)

Devils Doom (Main Theme) Devils Doom (Main Theme)

Devil's Doom indeed! Love that 8-Bit sound, gives the song a nostalgic charm that you've captured quite well here. Woulda liked to hear that four-note counter melody pan left to right, and maybe a 4-to-the-floor kick section to spruce things up a bit, but that's really just a matter of preference. The melody/harmony gives that creepy feel. Can't wait to hear it in the game :)

Genclops responds:

Thank-you for the listen and the review. I am not to sure if panning is an option on famitracker, being as that the NES only had mono capabilities to my knowledge. But it would be worth looking into. Cheers!

Bird Battle! Bird Battle!

I can totally hear this coming out of my Vita while playing whatever JRPG I happened to have picked up. The mix is very well done, the sounds are fun yet arranged in that menacing way. I thought the birds were a nice touch and didn't over saturate the song. Great loop :)

Watercraft Watercraft

You really nailed the chill out genre with this piece. The quality and effects of the sounds really give the sense of refreshment. I especially enjoyed the guitar that came in at 4:20. Felt that really brought the piece together and led it to a satisfying conclusion. Great song :)